Meetings, Minutes & Agendas
The Parish Council meets monthly - meetings are alternated between the Coolham Village Hall and The Andrew Hall, Shipley. (Please see current Agenda for location.) Extraordinary meetings may also be held. The Planning Sub Committee may be convened to accommodate planning applications that need to be commented upon within formal timescales.
MEETING DATES LISTED HERE
Following HM Government advice, Shipley Parish Council will cancel all face-to-face meetings with immediate effect and until further notice. This includes the parish annual meeting scheduled for 2nd April and all future Council sub-committee and full council meetings.
All meetings commence at 8pm. Council meetings are statutory meetings which are open to the public - these are meetings held in public and not public meetings. Please note:
- the Public Session will be listed on the Agenda and during this part of the meeting any local residents may address the Council on relevant issues on the Agenda. If you wish to speak to the Council during the Public Session, no notice is required, you may simply turn up at the appropriate time. If you wish to speak to Members about a specific item, please notify the Clerk at least 3 working days prior to the date of the meeting (excluding the day of the meeting) in order for any background information to be prepared and circulated to Members.
- Members of the Public may listen to the Council's discussions but may not participate.
- Exceptionally, discussion of particular Agenda items involving confidential issues may be closed to the press and public. These will normally be placed towards the end of the Agenda.
- Agenda's for Parish Council meetings are available below. Normally the agenda for each meeting will be available for viewing one week - and at least three days - prior to the meeting. Minutes are given in draft format pending approval by the Parish Council in the following meeting.
- Covid-19 - INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIRTUAL MEETINGS
- The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 No.392 allows for remote meetings through “electronic, digital, virtual locations and telephone conferencing”
- Future Shipley Parish Council meetings will be held via Video Conference using the Zoom application. This application is widely available and can be used for both video and telephone (mobile or landline) calls.
- Members of the public are welcome to join this video conference meeting and speak for a maximum of three minutes about an item on the agenda for this meeting during the Public Session at the discretion of the Chair. As this will be a video conference, once the public session has closed, all video and audio links from the members of the public may be muted.
- the Public Session will be listed on the Agenda and during this part of the meeting any local residents may address the Council on relevant issues on the Agenda. If you wish to speak to Members about a specific item, please notify the Clerk at least 3 working days prior to the date of the meeting (excluding the day of the meeting) in order for any background information to be prepared and circulated to Members.
11th Jan 2021 Agenda
18th Jan 2021 Agenda
To receive an invite to this Zoom meeting please email the Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 07824 312070
2020 Jan-March April-Jun July-Sept Oct-Dec
2019 January to April May to August Sept to December
2018 Feb to July August to December
2017 Jan to June July to December